Four Lessons on Life:
1. Never take down a fence until you know why it was put up. 2. If you get too far ahead of the army, your soldiers may mistake you for the enemy. 3. Don’t complain about the bottom rungs of the ladder they helped to get you higher. 4. If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.
~Author : Warren Wiersbe Inspirational Sayings
- “Never take down the fence until you know why it was put up.”
I think that so many of us wonder why things happen, in the gloom and doom kind of way. I would kill to know the answers to my troubles, the answers to why things to wrong, but it is probably best that I am left without a clue. I can only imagine how stressful my life would be if I knew my final destination while I am still in this season of my life. Honestly, I am not sure how the heck I am going to get where I am suppose to go, and it often leaves me questioning everything. So, before I go beating up this fence around me, I will listen to the other side.
- “If you get too far ahead of the army, your soldiers may mistake you for your enemy.”
“Getting ahead of yourself” is actually quite the simple thing to do. Most of us, on a daily basis, have that thought that we should be doing more. I am the type of person who tends to worry about the future so much that I completely lose track of what I am doing presently. So, what I get from this quote is that you can look at the horizon, but chasing after it ahead of time could get you in a pickle.
- “Don’t complain about the bottom rungs of the ladder they helped to get you higher.”
This actually reminds me of something I heard all summer, “Don’t discourage small beginning.” I would definitely say that this hits me hard because I am a small-town girl with dreams bigger than my beginnings. So, embrace your start and live out your dreams.
- “If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.”
I do believe that this is one that everyone knows! In order to get the goods, you have to go the bad. When I hear this quote I actually think of a kitchen. You cannot eat a good, home-cooked meal without having the work through the hot kitchen. Getting to where you want to go usually isn’t easy, but fighting through the storms can be rewarding in the end.